“I just wanted to thank you for what sounded like a brilliant camp! Sam has not stopped talking about all the footie he did, how great the food was, how cool the pool was and what fun he had with his Gothia mates!” Debs Thomas, parent –
“Just a quick note to thank you and your team for last weekend. Freddie loved it and talks of little else. The event was brilliantly organised and Freddie wishes it could all happen again this weekend.” William England, parent
We will be running two residential Training Camps for players selected at the trials. The Camp provides an opportunity for players to work with top quality staff and train with other talented players in a professional and developmental environment. The Camp will focus on developing physical, mental, social, and technical abilities and attributes and last season included:
- Chartered Physiotherapists who will conduct group sessions and individual screenings with each player to identify injury prevention and to enhance athletic performance. Parents will receive an individual written report with recommendations and exercise programmes.
- Workshops conducted by an FA qualified Football Psychologist looking at developing ‘ mental fitness’. Topics will include relaxation techniques, use of visualisation and imagery.
- Use of swimming pool for workshops with Sports Therapist
- Highly qualified and experienced coaches
- Specialist UEFA qualified goalkeeping coach
The camp will give an insight into life training as a professional footballer and provide an ideal environment, not only for preparation for the Gothia Cup, but also to develop players’ sporting ability and life skills.